Make this delicious stew with cheese dumplings for the vegetarian in your life.
- 1 hr
- 15ml olive or avocado oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and grated
- 3 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 2 x 410g tins chopped tomatoes
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 3 large baby marrows, halved and thickly sliced
- handful parsley, chopped
- 60ml butter
- 660ml self-raising flour
- 5ml salt
- 160g Cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 250ml milk
- Heat the oil on medium and sauté the onion, carrots and celery sticks. Add the tinned tomatoes, vegetable stock and baby marrows. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Season.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Mix the parsley through the stew and spoon into 6 x 250ml ovenproof dishes.
- Rub the butter into the self-raising flour with the salt. Mix in the cheese. Pour the milk into the dumpling mix and stir with a knife to make a dough. Roughly shape into ping pong-size balls and pack on top of the stew. Brush the dumplings with milk and bake for about 35 minutes until golden and cooked through.