Sometimes a warm basil pesto chicken salad is just what your body needs!
- 30 mins
- 4 chicken breasts
- 30ml basil pesto
- 4 thin slices Serrano, Black Forest or Parma ham
- 30ml olive or avocado oil
- 2 handfuls fine green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 handfuls cherry tomatoes
- 30ml butter
- 80ml feta, crumbled
- baby herbs or basil, to serve
- Cut a pocket in the side of each chicken breast, and season inside and outside. Spoon the pesto into the pockets and wrap a slice of ham around each breast. Heat the oil on medium-high and fry the chicken for about 8 minutes or until golden brown all over and cooked through.
- Blanch the beans in boiling water for 1 minute or until bright. Drain and toss the beans, tomatoes and butter into the pan with the chicken and heat through for 5 minutes. Season.
- Slice the chicken and serve sprinkled with the feta and herbs.
Magazine issue date: Mar, 2017