Fish, mussels and coconut milk make a delicious fish curry.
- 25 mins
- Olive or avocado oil, for frying
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3cm piece ginger, finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 15ml curry powder
- 5ml paprika
- 30ml tomato paste
- 1kg white fish fillets, skin and bones removed
- 250ml fish stock
- 500g half-shell mussels, thawed
- 30ml cornflour
- 400g tin coconut milk
- 15ml brown sugar
- handful coriander, chopped
- rice, to serve
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat a splash of oil on medium and sauté the onions, ginger and garlic. Stir in the curry powder, paprika and tomato paste. Cut the fish into bite-size cubes and add, along with the stock and mussels. Cover and simmer for about 25 minutes until cooked.
- Mix the cornflour with a little of the coconut milk to form a smooth paste. Add the cornflour mixture, the rest of the coconut milk and the sugar. Heat through without boiling. Season. Mix in the coriander and serve with rice and lemon wedges.