This whole roast cauliflower with mushroom sauce makes the perfect side!
- 50 mins
FOR THE ROAST CAULIFLOWER
- 1 head cauliflower
- 30ml sunflower oil
- 375ml Greek yoghurt
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 15ml chilli powder
- 15ml ground cumin
- 15ml garlic powder
- 15ml curry powder
FOR THE MUSHROOM SAUCE
- 30ml butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 125ml vegetable stock
- 125ml cream
- 125ml pecorino, finely grated
- For the roast cauliflower, preheat oven to 200°C. Trim the base of the cauliflower to remove any green
leaves and the woody stem. Rub the oil over the cauliflower and place in a small roasting tray. Season.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and spread over the cauliflower. Roast for about 50 minutes or until
a knife inserted comes out easily. (The cauliflower should be cooked al dente.)
- For the mushroom sauce, heat the butter on medium-high and sauté the onion and mushrooms
for about 10 minutes or until golden. Season.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the stock and cream, bring to a boil and simmer for about
2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Mix cheese through. Serve with the cauliflower.
Magazine issue date: October, 2016