This guilt-free yoghurt and strawberry tart is low carb, gluten-free and low sugar.
- 40 mins + setting
FOR THE CRUST
- 250g unsalted mixed nuts
- 30ml xylitol
- 45ml butter, melted
FOR THE FILLING
- 15ml granulated gelatine
- 45ml water
- 500ml plain yoghurt
- 80ml xylitol
- 250g strawberries, chopped + extra
- 15ml xylitol
- mint, to garnish
- For the crust, preheat oven to 160°C. Grease an 11cm x 35cm tart tin. Blitz the nuts until fine. Blitz in the xylitol and butter until mixture clumps together. Press into prepared tin. Bake for about 20 minutes or
until light golden. Cool.
- For the filling, combine the gelatine and water and set aside for 5 minutes to bloom.
- Combine the yoghurt and xylitol. Heat the gelatine for a few seconds in the microwave until just melted. Do not boil! Pour into the yoghurt mixture while beating until smooth. Pour onto the base and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- To serve, heat the strawberries and xylitol in the microwave for 3 minutes. Blitz. Cool. Carefully remove the tart from the tin and top with extra strawberries and mint. Serve with the coulis.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: December, 2018