Make these zesty fish skewers with couscous in only 35 minutes!
- 35 mins + marinating
- zest of 1 orange
- juice of 3 oranges
- 3cm ginger, finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 x 200g firm white fish fillets, skinned and cut into 3cm cubes
- 5 limes, cut into wedges
- 10 asparagus, cut into 3-4cm pieces
FOR THE COUSCOUS
- 250ml couscous
- 60ml toasted flaked almonds
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- handful coriander, chopped
- olive or avocado oil, to drizzle
- Combine the orange zest, juice, ginger and garlic. Add the fish. Thread the fish, lime and asparagus onto skewers. Place in a shallow dish and top with leftover marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- For the couscous, cook the couscous according to packet instructions. Add the almonds, onion, orange zest, juice and coriander. Stir through and season.
- Shake excess marinade off the skewers and drizzle with oil. Cook over hot coals for about 5 minutes or until charred all over and just cooked through. Season. Serve with couscous.
Magazine issue date: September, 2016