Try this deboned zesty lamb at your next braai.
- 50 mins + marinating
FOR THE MARINADE
- 2.5kg deboned leg of lamb
- 500ml buttermilk
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- juice of 2 lemons
- 3 rosemary sprigs, finely chopped
- 5ml smoked or plain paprika
FOR THE SAUCE
- 500g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 45ml capers, chopped
- 2 handfuls each parsley, mint and basil, finely chopped
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 60ml olive or avocado oil
- For the marinade, cut the lamb open so that it’s about 3cm thick all over. Mix together all the ingredients.
Cover and refrigerate overnight or up to 2 days (the longer, the more tender!).
- Shake off excess marinade (reserve) and braai over hot coals for about 30 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Season and baste often with the reserved marinade. Cover with foil and set aside to
rest for 10 minutes.
- For the sauce, combine all the ingredients. Season. Thinly slice the lamb and drizzle over the sauce.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: December, 2017