This zoo cookie fudge is great for children’s birthday parties!
- 5 mins
- Makes about 15 blocks
- 500ml castor sugar
- 180ml evaporated milk
- 30ml butter
- pinch salt
- 150g packet marshmallows
- 200g white chocolate, chopped
- 150g packet zoo biscuits, crushed
- 100s & 1000s, for sprinkling
- Line a 20cm square pan with baking paper. Combine sugar, milk, butter and salt in a medium saucepan on medium-high. Bring to a rapid boil then cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in marshmallows until melted. Stir in the chocolate until melted.
- Pour into prepared pan and press cookies and 100s & 1000s into the fudge before it sets. Leave to cool at room temperature for about 2 hours or until set. Cut into 15 pieces or squares.
RAINBOW FUDGE VARIATION: Use white marshmallows only. Working quickly, divide hot fudge into 3 bowls and colour each with a drop of food colouring (like blue, yellow and pink). Spoon dollops into the tray. Place a piece of baking paper on top and press to smooth the top before adding the cookies and 100s & 1000s.
You might also enjoy these:
Magazine issue date: Nov, 2016