Learn how to make a half treble crochet stitch for both right and left-handed people in this step-by-step crochet picture tutorial.
WHAT IS HALF TREBLE CROCHET? (Abbreviation: htr)
Half treble crochet is slightly higher than double crochet, this stitch has a definite ridge and makes a firm, attractive fabric.
- Make a slip knot around hook. Make 13 chains
2. Wrap yarn around hook and insert into third chain from the hook.
3. Wrap yarn around hook and draw the loop through the chain (3 loops on hook).
4. Wrap yarn around hook, draw hook through 3 loops to complete stitch.
5. Work a half treble into each chain along your row.
6. After the last stich, make 2 chains,
7. Turn, yarn over hook,
8. Insert hook into first chain to begin second row new row of half trebles.