Follow this step-by-step Hippos in the Mud tutorial to make your own lovely cake.
Before you start decorating your cake, follow the recipe to make the Hippos in the Mud Cake.
- Makes about 2 hippos
- Takes 10 minutess to about an hour
- 500g fondant
- few drops black food colouring
- cornflour, for dusting
- Follow the recipe to make the Hippos in the Mud Cake.
- Cover the whole cake with the icing. Arrange the Flakes all around the cake, gently pressing into the icing. Set in the fridge for 30 minutes until the icing is firm.
- For the ganache, heat the chocolate and cream in the microwave, stirring every minute until melted. Cool to room temperature. Pour the ganache on top of the cake and keep aside to set slightly. Decorate with the hippos.
FOR THE HIPPOS