To cut perfect cake layers all you need is some thread or flavourless dental floss, and a steady hand. See our step-by-step photo tutorial to getting the perfect cake layers.
All you need is a knife, and thread or flavourless dental floss to cut perfectly even cake layers. Here are the steps:
1. Using a knife, make an indent around the cake where the layer will be.
2. Wrap a piece of thread around the cake (in the indent).
3. Cross the ends of the thread, holding each end in each hand.
4. Pull each end out and away from the cake, so the thread cuts through the cake as the circle of thread tightens.
5. Move the thread slightly from side to side to help the cutting movement.