- a ball of yarn of your choice
- Cut out a piece of stiff cardboard measuring 10cm x 20cm. Wind yarn loosely around the 20cm side 10 times, without stretching yarn.
- Cut yarn at each end. Cut an extra strand the same length to tie a knot around all the lengths, just off centre.
- Fold the strands in half, so the ends align.
- Use the extra strand to tie down the other lengths to form a small, round head. Secure with a double knot and smooth down.
- Trim the ends bluntly to even the tassel.
- Steam to block, or block according to your yarn type.
Feature: Janine Collins and image from Fotolia.com