Follow this easy pulled-pork tutorial and learn how to make Pulled Pork Sliders.
- Serves 8
- Takes 4 hrs 15
- 250ml tomato sauce
- 15ml brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- handful thyme, leaves picked
- 15ml paprika
- 30ml soy sauce
- 250ml water
- 1.5kg boneless pork shoulder
FOR THE RED-CABBAGE SALAD
- 500ml red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 125ml apple cider vinegar
- 15ml castor sugar
- crusty rolls, cut open
- soft butter, to spread
- chutney, to serve
- handful rocket (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C. Mix half the tomato sauce, sugar, garlic, thyme, paprika, soy sauce and water together. Pour the sauce into a 30cm x 28cm oven tray.
2. Butterfly the pork. Place in the tray and roll to coat in the sauce. Season, cover, and cook for about 4 hours. Turn and baste every hour.
3. For the salad, combine the cabbage, onion, vinegar and castor sugar. Season and leave for at least 1 hour until soft.
4. Mix any remaining pan juices with the remaining 125ml tomato sauce. Use two forks to pull the meat apart until shredded.
5. Spread the rolls with the butter and chutney. Stuff with the pulled pork, salad and rocket.
TIP: Make this in the slow cooker
Follow steps 1 and 2, then place the meat and sauce in a slow cooker on low heat and cook for about 8 hours (or on high for 4-6 hours) until the meat is very tender and falls apart. Continue with steps 3, 4 and 5.
Using this tutorial, make these delicious Pulled Pork Sliders.